Thursday, November 14, 2013

You know you're a mom when…..

I’m using one of Mama Kat’s Writing Prompts today since I like it better that the NaBloPoMo one.  Considering that my kids are now thirteen and fifteen, I feel like I’m pretty well qualified to compile this list.  So, let’s see……. 

Seems like so long ago!


You know you’re a mom when: 

-you can do the most intricate of tasks one handed because your other hand is always full of baby.  Those who are really talented can stand on one foot and get an extra five toes worth of help.  This puts you in the Super Mom category 

-you catch somebody else’s puke in your hands without thinking twice about it.  I’ll do you a favour and not give a detailed description of this one. 

-you say “because I said so” for the first time.  See also:  “because I asked you to do it” and “this is the third time I’ve asked you to ……” 

-your bare foot finds that stray piece of Lego/crayon/Barbie accessory on the hardwood floor at 3:00 am for the first time. 

-when you can hear “why?” a thousand times in one day without developing an eye-twitch.  You wouldn’t want to stifle that youthful curiosity, right?  (twitch)   

-you never get to eat a whole meal because you either can’t sit down long enough for it or there are sticky little hands stealing bites from your plate because your food looks better than theirs even when it’s the same damn thing 

-you can practically recite every Dr. Seuss book in the house from memory. 

-you catch yourself still watching the Teletoon network an hour after they have gone down for their nap.  Can Bob the Builder and his friends do it?  Yes they can! 

-you can decipher what your three year old is saying while everyone around is scratching their heads in confusion.  I think that it’s a mysterious sixth sense that just “knows”…. 

-you are the one those little people turn to when they are tired, hungry, hurt, needing a cuddle, needing a giggle, wanting a book read to them…..  Would we really want it any other way? 

Mama’s Losin’ It


Kat  

2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I like this prompt so good choice :)
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly a list that could go on and on with no two lists the same. I liked Mama Kat's post; very touching

      Delete