Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My proudest accomplishment

November 27th prompt for the NaBloPoMo challenge – What accomplishment are you most proud of? 

Well, really, there is only one answer to that:  my kids!   

They are not only good kids but are growing up to be people who I genuinely like as people.  Sure there is a bit of teenage attitude happening and I wish The Boy would make a little more effort to be nice to his sister but nobody is perfect.  He and his father have been butting heads a bit mostly because they are so damned much alike and neither one knows how to back down but that is something that they need to figure out between them.  I, for one, have a great relationship with him. 

We received the kids’ report cards last week and they are definitely something to be proud of (except one Geography grade…..).  I am so grateful that my kids do well in school with little struggle.  I’m not saying that they are geniuses or anything (ok, maybe a little) but their efforts are often rewarded in their grades. 

The Girl is smart, artistic and a kind soul.  I don’t think that I have ever heard a harsh word come out of her mouth.  She’ll never be one of the “mean girls”; instead she’s the one who will make sure that everyone is included and will do so with a smile.  She has her own sense of style that isn’t necessarily the current trend but, instead, what makes her happy.  My girl will not let me be touchy-feely in public as is normal for a thirteen-year old but is not above cuddling up with me at home to watch a movie.   I’ll take that! 

The Boy is smart and always soaking up more knowledge as he goes along.  Aside from not always being nice to his sister, he’s a pretty easy-going kid and makes friends easily.  When I went to meet-the-teacher night this year, his homeroom teacher literally GUSHED about him.  That does a momma’s heart good!  Best of all?  Even at fifteen, when a boy has the most need to be “cool”, he loves his mom and doesn’t mind showing it   

I could go on and on but that would be a bit braggy and nobody wants that (yes, braggy is a word even if autocorrect doesn’t agree!) 

Can you feel the love, lol?


Kat 

2 comments: