Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What's in my fridge?

November 12th prompt for the NaBloPoMo challenge – Name five things inside your refrigerator right now and how you feel about them.  

I haven't done a good grocery run in a while (only a few necessities) so my options are limited but here we go!


Caffeine-free Diet Coke (yes, it's a necessity, leave me alone).  Aside from the occasional ginger ale or root beer when I’m out, Diet Coke is really the only soft drink that I drink.  I’ve gotten smart though and usually only buy caffeine-free  for home so that I can actually sleep at night! 











Hellmann’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise.   I do like to make my own but when I’m lazy enough to buy it, I buy the olive oil one.  I like to fool myself into thinking that it’s healthier.  I'm gullible that way  ;)







Budweiser Light Lime.  I’m not a huge beer drinker which explains why a six-pack will last forever in my fridge but, when I’m in the mood, this one is light and refreshing.  You can't actually see this in the picture but one of those cans is open.  When I took them out, I decided that they looked too good to not have one!




Yogurt.  For a while there, we all sort of got out of the habit of eating this but it has come back with a vengeance and I have a hard time keeping it in the fridge.  The Girl is still a bit fussy about what flavours she likes but The Boy will grab four at a time and gobble them down for a snack.  Yes, he is a fifteen year old boy and my grocery bill is feeling it…..



Hoisin sauce.  I love this stuff!  I use it on just about any meat for marinating/cooking:  pork, chicken, beef…..  It adds a wonderful, full-bodied flavour.   I actually had a steak marinating Sunday and there was a generous dose of hoisin sauce in that marinade.  That's a yummy supper!






In case you're wondering, yes there are vegetables in my fridge; they just aren't as interesting as Diet Coke and beer

Kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment