Friday, November 8, 2013

This is tough!

November 8th prompt for the NaBloPoMo challenge – Tell us what you’ve learned so far about daily blogging. 

Oh. My. God. This. Is. Hard!! 

I generally post about once a week and sometimes even struggle with that so this every day thing is tough.  Thank goodness for the writing prompts or I’m not sure I would have gotten this far.  Using those prompts, I’ve been able to stay a day or so ahead in composing posts so that I don’t stress out with deadlines.  I’m already starting to sweat trying to decide what to write about this weekend (no prompts for the weekends). 

I have gained incredible respect for those who post to their blog every day or every other day on a regular basis.  It is a lot of work to come up with subjects and be able to elaborate on them in a way that is interesting to others.   

I am definitely an amateur compared to these others and will probably never have a huge audience but blogging is something that I have come to enjoy.  I am learning how to express myself through this medium and am connecting to people who I would never have met otherwise.  There are as many different types of blogs out there as there are people and I never fail to find something interesting to read and comment on. 




This picture has nothing to do with the subject of this post but I couldn’t think of one that did so I thought that I’d show off my lovely niece’s talent for gingerbread house decorating.  I managed to get a picture of it last Sunday before DJ Chick had a chance to start picking off her favourite candies.

Kat

4 comments:

  1. Oh LAWD! I can imagine! I've been so sluggish with blogging lately, I can't imagine every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard but I'm liking the challenge and, so far, I've been meeting it. Some posts have been on the short side (like this one) but I'm doing it!

      Delete
  2. It took me a bit to get with it. I started in October which definetely helped take some of the pressure off. Keep going. You will find more and more you will start thinking.Hmm maybe that ...Oooohhh that could be a blog. Dont forget you can post wordless wednesday pictures. it still counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun but I have to admit that the prompts have been a big help. I'm not sure that I'll be able to continue the daily thing afterward but this is definitely motivating me to try to post more than once a week. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete