Monday, November 25, 2013

What did I buy?

November 25th prompt for the NaBloPoMo challenge – Tell us about the last thing a person or an advertisement convinced you to buy 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge tea drinker and my favourite place is David’s Tea (check them out!).  Okay, I lied; my favourite place to shop is Chapters/Indigo but David’s is a close second.  Their teas are a little pricier than what you buy in the grocery store but they are a luxury that I enjoy when the budget allows it. 

I get their promotions by email so I always know where my hard-earned dollars are going to next.  Back in August, they had a promotion going on their travel mugs where, if you bought one, you got a free 50 gram bag of the tea of your choice.  That’s a seven to eight dollar saving so you can bet that I made a beeline to the nearest store.   

I bought their Timolino Travel Cup (12 ounce, $29.50) and absolutely love it!!  Yeah, it’s a little pricey and I definitely cringed a bit but, boy oh boy, was it worth every penny!  This thing absolutely does NOT leak even a little bit which is a problem that I have had with other, cheaper, travel mugs. 

Look, no handle so it fits in your cup holder!


Also, it keeps the tea hot for hours.  I make a tea before I leave home at about 6:30 - 6:45 and it’s still hot when I finally finish drinking it at about 9:30. 

Obviously, I’m a sucker for advertising from this store but, in this case, that’s a good thing  

Kat

4 comments:

  1. THanks for the tip..hubs is a big fan of tea..I'll have to check that site out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so many teas that everyone can find flavours that they like. They have great gadgets too ;)

      Delete
  2. I need a cup like that to keep my coffee hot. The ceiling fans cool it off too quickly. Great idea and that sounds like a nice treat for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it would be good for any hot beverage; I'm just hooked on tea

      I think that we all need to splurge on ourselves once in a while. It's good for the soul :)

      Delete