Sunday, December 8, 2013

Beating the blues

In my post on Thursday, I talked about how the "winter blues" have been hitting me in recent years and how I'm hoping that getting back to/sticking with my blog will help with that this year.  It's definitely a good start but I think that other efforts need to be made too.

I've started by getting out my Christmas decorations.  Is there anything more cheerful than seeing decorations peeking out from your shelves and hanging on your door?  I think not!  The tree decorating party with DJ Chick and all of our kids is next weekend and I'm getting excited for it so I must get out a recipe book or two so I can decide what to serve.  Nothing lifts your mood better than planning a party.



The other thing that I've been thinking about is perhaps colouring my hair a nice, sassy red for the holiday parties.  I used to colour it years ago but came to a point where I was ready for my own natural colour again.  I think that it's time for a change again!  I know that hair colour is cosmetic and maybe I seem a little vain for considering it as a change in my life but I think that it's something that is more than "skin deep".  When you look in the mirror and like what you're seeing, it makes you feel good; you hold your head a little higher and smile a little more.  A small change can do so much for your outlook.  If you can get that boost from a box bought at the pharmacy for less than twenty dollars, why not go for it.

Between playing with my hair (yes, I'll post pics!) and the festivities of the holidays, I figure that I'll be good for the month of December.  January?  Well, that may take more drastic measures……..

Kat



8 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! It is great to "meet" a fellow Montrealer (Laval here). :) Your post is great. So many people get the downs over the holiday period, and for various reasons. Some have no family, no money, or they just experience a lot of stress. Putting up decorations is a great way to get through it. Colouring hair is great for us ladies; hey, if it makes you feel good and helps to cope with the downs, why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely; if it puts a smile on your face, it has to be good, right?

      Delete
  2. I don't think that changing your hair color is a "vain" change, and it can definitely change your mood! Sometimes those "skin deep" changes can really have a much deeper effect. I can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those small changes can certainly add up to a lot! I'll probably do it later this week when I've had a chance to go pick it up. Pictures to come!

      Delete
  3. I think changing your hair color is a great pick me up. You can always change it back. Sounds like a fun party coming up. Enjoy and yes pictures are required!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must charge my camera battery this week! So many photo opportunities coming up :)

      Delete
  4. Color that hair, girl! Don't worry about vanity issues. We don't wear the same shirt everyday, so change things up!

    ReplyDelete