Saturday, August 16, 2014

Goodbye Mr. Williams

I was so very sad Monday night to hear of the death of Robin Williams.  It was only after I had published my anniversary post that night that I went surfing around online and saw the news.  I wouldn’t have had the heart to finish that post if I had found out before.  I rarely shed a tear for celebrity news which can be so full of drama but, when I found out about his death due to suicide, I cried like a baby.  My eyes are welling up just thinking about it.

My introduction to this great entertainer came when he showed up on my television in Mork and Mindy when I was eight years old.  Yes, I’m aging myself here.  He has been making me laugh ever since.  He was obviously a soul in torment, though, who camouflaged this with laughter. 

Depression lies, telling you that you are all alone, and it is so persuasive that it manages to get its claws into its victims to the point where this is all that they can see.  Sadly, he lost his fight with this beast leaving his family, friends and millions of fans to mourn his loss.

His magic will live on though in his movies, interviews and taped performances.  His work was his gift to us and, from what I have heard of him, this was a gift that he truly loved giving.  I have heard so many stories this week of his kindness and generosity which have touched my heart and left me even more saddened by his end.  







Mr. Williams, I hope that, wherever you are, you have found the peace that you couldn’t find in this life.

Thank you for the laughs

Love, 

Kathy
xo

3 comments: