Monday, November 7, 2016

Back on the horse NaBloPoMo - Day 7

Oops, I missed Day 6 of the challenge!  My daughter was on the computer for most of the day yesterday working on a school project and, by the time she got off, it was supper time.  It was only as I was going to bed that I realized that I had ended up missing yesterday's post.

I guess that I'll just get back on the horse today.  I'm trying hard not to put a lot of pressure on myself here and just have fun so I'm not going to beat myself up too badly.

This weekend was really pretty relaxed.  With the exception of grocery shopping and some laundry, I took it easy after the super-busy workweek that I had just finished. 

I made my first apple sauce of the season yesterday (yeah, I'm a bit behind) which always makes me happy and supper was a shepherd's pie.  This is the time of year when I get into all of the wonderful comfort foods that are just too much effort in the hot weather.  Yes, I should have taken a picture of that wonderful dinner for this post but we were just too eager to dig in to think of it!  The empty pan just doesn't look as nice  ;)

My coworkers and I were talking about how stressed everyone is about the US election.  We're in Canada yet I'm pretty sure that most of us will be watching the coverage tomorrow night and I NEVER watch American election night coverage.  Heck, I have a hard enough time watching Canadian election results slowly roll in yet I know that I'll be glued to my screen tomorrow night.  I bet that a lot of non-Americans will be doing the same.

I do not envy my friends to the south this year.  It has been a rough one.........

What am I grateful for today?  I am proudly, gratefully, Canadian with a kick-ass Prime Minister.


Here's some Canadian humour for you :)

Kathy

1 comment: