Saturday, February 19, 2011

Books, one of my loves




Now that I am attempting to get back into blogging, I have been putting a lot of thought into what I want to write about. Being a single (dating), working mother of two should give me plenty of blog fodder but what about those times when life is feeling a bit boring? After all, it's those dry spells that made me fall out of the blogging habit to begin with. Okay, I admit I'm also not exactly talented in the self-discipline area either - I mean, look at my full inbox (no actually, don't do that - scary!)


The answer came to me when I was browsing through various blogs the other day. I found a few that were dedicated to reading - book reviews, author interviews, etc. Talk about a perfect fit!! I am a voracious reader. It's rare that I leave home without reading material and, when I do, I feel totally naked so I try not to do it. NOBODY wants to see me walk down the street naked (sorry for the mental picture) LOL!

My love of reading goes back to when I was sixteen. I borrowed The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub from a friend at the pool and it was like fireworks went off in my brain. I hadn't been a big reader before that but I couldn't put this book down. It was a huge, epic novel that consumed my days until I finished it but I was so totally hooked that it didn't matter.

After that, I started hitting the bookstore and consumed every other book that Stephen King had ever written. From there I branched off to other authers and, with this, a book lover was born - okay re-born. Chapters has me listed as one of their most favourite people or they should considering what I spend there, LOL.

The plan is to write some posts about what I'm reading, have read and want to read. I guess those posts will be part review and part peek at what's occupying my mind at the time - if you dare to look into that scary place, that is.

Kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment