Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ten Things to Smile About This Summer


This week’s post idea comes from the blog Things I Can't Say via Mama Kat’s writing prompts.    

As of 5:00 Friday, I’m on vacation for two weeks; no alarm clock, no commute, just going where the wind blows us.  Woo hoo! 

Proudly watching my kids play soccer, enjoying the cool evening breeze on the sidelines after a day in the office. 

The Boy at Soccer

 Shark Week, ending with watching Jaws with The Boy and my favourite SIL. 

My air conditioner, without which I would be one sleepless, cranky bitch.  Enough said. 

My friend/coworker’s sixtieth birthday celebration where I got to see friends I hadn’t seen in a while, have several drinks (mmmmmm, vodka….) and eat some good food. 

Birthday boy at the head of the table, of course!


Speaking of coworkers – my coworkers who make the long days better with their warmth and goofiness. 

I got the coolest gadget this month that cores a pineapple right in its skin while cutting it into rings, not letting the juice escape all over a cutting board.  I love a new gadget! 

My new gadget!

My little cherry tomato plant, chives and pepper plant on my balcony that I have somehow managed to not kill.  My black thumb is not up to par this summer…… 

From my garden :)

 Saturday morning with my paper and my tea.  Yeah, I know, not strictly a summer thing but it makes me smile anyway. 

Did I mention that I’m on vacation day from now?  Oh yeah, I did……  well it deserves a second spot on my list because it gives me the biggest smile of all!  Besides, it’s my list so I can do what I want with it, lol! 

What has made you smile this summer? 

Kat 

Mama’s Losin’ It

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation!!! They are the best! I love our pineapple core thing (I have no idea what it's really called!). They are great! Visiting from Writer's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't really matter what it's called; it's just a cool toy! LOL

      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Vacation always deserves a second mention -- hope it turns out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much looking forward to NOT having the alarm go off at an awful hour tomorrow morning!

      Delete
  3. Our whole family went surfing a lot this summer. It. Was. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was! It sounds like you had a great summer :)

      Delete
  4. Vacation, I'd like to enjoy one of those again one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should Jack. We all need to recharge our batteries once in a while. In my case, it makes me a better mother, worker and a calmer person

      Delete